Invisalign: The Hassle Free Way To Straighten Teeth
When it comes to achieving a straighter smile, there’s no doubt that traditional metal braces are an effective way of repositioning teeth. Yet, most will agree that they are uncomfortable, not to mention less attractive and difficult to clean. Particularly for teens that are involved in sports or business professionals that desire a straighter smile, traditional braces are not a convenient option. Thus, many are turning to Invisalign as a hassle-free way to straighten their teeth.
Perhaps the greatest appeal of Invisalign is that it straightens teeth without friends or colleagues knowing it. With clear aligner trays that are removable, patients needn’t worry about having food stuck between pesky wires or brackets. Thus, there’s no reason to avoid specific foods or change one’s oral care regimen.
While traditional metal braces remain a tried and true option for some patients, if given the opportunity to choose between metal braces and Invisalign, here’s why the majority of patients are turning to Invisalign:
- Appearance When comparing traditional metal braces to Invisalign, the obvious benefit is appearance. Because Invisalign trays are clear and customized to fit precisely over a patient’s teeth, they are virtually undetectable.
- Comfort For patients wearing traditional metal braces, they must adjust to the feeling of metal brackets and wires in their mouth. Adapting to metal braces is easy for most patients, but they are decidedly uncomfortable when compared to the smooth trays offered by Invisalign.
- Safety Because traditional braces contain metal brackets and wires, they can scratch and poke soft tissues in the mouth. In turn, because of the heavy force used by metal braces to move teeth, they may affect demineralization in teeth. This can lead to tooth or gum disease.
- Treatment Time When it comes to length of treatment, Invisalign generally straightens teeth faster, when compared to traditional means.
- Predictability Planning for Invisalign involves computerized images of a patient’s new smile. Thus, there is great predictability when wearing Invisalign trays, as opposed to traditional metal braces.
Your Invisalign-Preferred Provider
Offering the latest in orthodontics, Dr. Omari Sheehy at Bayshore Dental Center is your Invisalign-preferred provider in Seffner. When teeth are crowded, crooked, gapped, or misaligned, Invisalign is a highly effective smile-straightening solution that is hassle-free. If you are considering Invisalign and would like to discuss your options with Dr. Sheehy, call Bayshore Dental Center today.
Posted on behalf of Bayshore Dental Center